Saturday, March 01, 2014

////

Checking Your Personality

I don't understand why do people took 'Personality Test'.
Why? Don't they know themselves? Are they lost or something? Do they need to know or find their old self? Do they found out that there's something wrong with them or the other way around, there's nothing wrong and they wanna find out if there is?

Some took it to resolve their issues in life whether its in love, family, or friends. Some took this test just for fun. And have you noticed a big increase in the number of personality quizzes at the end of each year? This is probably due to the fact that its time of the year to reflect what they do for the past year and what they could change for the coming year that can change their life. Which is probably why personality tests are so popular in the month of December especially in social networks.

We know that these personality quizzes are not one hundred percent accurate not even half accurate. Many researchers feel that it has a lot to do with how honest people are when they take the tests. Research shows that people will not choose the answer that really describes them because they don't want to get a negative score. Huh? That's odd.

One personality test that I took in one sitting has something to do with color, just point what color attracts me most and I'll know who I am. Since I am a lover of Orange shade, I chose it. The result is: 

"Sensitive and reflective. You are comfortable spending hours alone with your thoughts and rarely become bored. You dislike superficiality; you'd rather be alone than have to suffer through small talk. Your relationships with your friends are very strong, which gives you the inner tranquility and harmony that you require. You love deeply but if someone betrays you it is next to impossible to forgive. You are an old soul, someone who has lived many times before and has seen it all. All you crave now is simplicity and the chance to focus your attention on a meaningful existence"

The result beautifully described me but it was just a portion of my personality and not my whole being. There are obviously a multitude of factors to consider to know who I really am, and I don't think that this test described my whole behavior. Some things are the same, but some things are completely different. Overall, it's an incomplete reflection.

There's also the fact that many people will choose the same color that I chose, so my question is, are we the same? Do we have the same personality then? 

 I maybe wrong, but how about you ? What do you think about personality tests?  

Inked with Love and Passion,
Simply Princess
3-2-2014

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment